Afterschool Enrichment Program
We accept volunteers on an on-going basis for our Afterschool Program.
The Afterschool Program is an important aspect of our educational coordination services. It is an after-school session that utilizes volunteer tutors and targets Achievers who are in-need of literacy support and homework help. The program reinforces our intensive youth advocacy and the work that our dedicated staff does on a daily basis. We aim to get as many resources as possible around each child in order to improve overall reading level and academic performance.
To learn more about becoming a volunteer tutor, please email our Education Program Manager, Rob Rosario: RRosario@friendsofthechildrenny.org
Young Professionals Board
The mission of Friends of the Children NY’s Young Professionals Board is to support and promote the efforts of the organization in a variety of ways, including:
- Serving as an advocate for our early-intervention and long-term commitment strategy;
- Connecting resources to the organization and its Achievers;
- Exposing our Achievers to additional Circles of Influence;
- Organizing fundraising events that benefit our life-changing work;
- Increasing the visibility of organization by making current and future leaders aware of our mission.
To learn more about the Young Professionals Board, please email our Director of Development, Jessica Faith: firstname.lastname@example.org.